Post operative rehabilitation
Post-operative hand therapy following surgical intervention to the hand or upper limb is essential to maximising the best outcome for patients. The hand and upper limb is differentiated from the rest of the body by highly intricate structures and the presence of long tendons that have a tendency to form adhesions following injury. Our hands work in extremely complex and specific biomechanical ways, and as such require careful and structured rehabilitation following surgery to ensure optimum function after recovery.
Our therapists have additional training in wound and scar management, allowing them to perform dressing changes and monitor for signs of infection after surgery.
Geelong Hand Therapy offers post-op rehabilitation services following all surgery to the upper limb. Common surgeries involve:
- Fixation of fractures to hand or arm
- Repair of ruptured ligaments
- Repair of torn or cut extensor or flexor tendons
- Repair of lacerations to the forearm
- Nerve releases or repair following trauma or chronic nerve compressions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Elective surgeries for the management of conditions such as Dupuytren’s Disease
- Surgical procedures for the management of degenerative conditions such as osteoarthritis
- Amputations following trauma or chronic dysfunction
We're here to help!
Geelong, Vic 3220
Mon to Fri 8:30am to 5pm
Wed 12pm to 4pm
Mon 8.30am to 2pm
Tues 8.30am to 12.30pm
Monday 1pm to 5pm
Thursday 8.30am to 3.30pm